Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Angry much?

Normally, I would come home from Bible Study and go to bed reflecting on Beth Moore's words of wisdom and insight. Not tonight. I am here...on my blog because I just had to share the adorable anger of Madeline tonight. Adorable anger, you say? Well, like I said, Wednesdays are my Bible study nights and I get home a bit late. Madeline and Landon stay over at Nanny Ann's house while I am at Bible study (yes, she is also my sitter on Wednesday nights in addition to being Caroline's new nanny). So, I pick them up around 9:30 pm to which Madeline declares "Mom, I am not tired. Can I stay up until 10?". I politely tell her "No, sweetie. It's past your bedtime already. You will need to go home and go straight to bed." "Hm," she grunts as she folds her arms and pouts home. We walk in the door...still pouting. She goes to the restroom...still pouting. She then begins thinking of every excuse in the book to avoid getting in the bed. "Mom, I need someone to sleep with. I am going to find a stuffed animal." "Madeline," I say, "you need to get in bed. Tonight's not the night to begin sleeping with animals. "But, I need a drink," she continues. "No, you just used the bathroom and you know the rule. No drinks after your last tee-tee," I tell her. "Hm," she grunts again and with crossed arms and a scour look on her face crawls reluctantly into bed. The girls share a room so as I am giving Caroline her last bottle, rocking in the chair in their room, I can see Madeline pouting trying her best to not go to sleep, as if proving her point of not being sleepy will convince me she can stay up. Not five minutes go by and I look up to find her this way. The scripture "...Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry" Ephesians 4:26, has a whole new meaning now.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I love it!! That is hilarious!! Too cute!!
Alisa

Jill Cornelius said...

Oh how funny! Did you show it to her?