Tuesday, May 03, 2011

And the countdown begins!

Bret left for Kentucky on Sunday. The last time he left for 2 months (last fall) Bubby and Doodles had a very hard time understanding how long he would actually be gone. About a month in, Bubby said "Daddy is NEVER coming home!" It was heartbreaking. So, this go around, I figured we would make a visual reminder of his return that would serve a purpose in helping the kids "see" how long it will be until he comes home. A visual countdown, so to speak. So, we cut strips of paper into 60 pieces and made a paper chain. The kids had fun!
Caroline gluing one of the links
Landon linking one of the chains

Madeline gluing one of the links
60 chains later... Success!
The finished chain!
Now, if only I can keep them from ripping off the chains all at once, we will be in good shape!

4 comments:

The Gillaspie Family said...

I have been praying for you and yours...Let me know when you need a sanity break and I will come on over!

Anonymous said...

smart YOU! what a great idea!

Ann Stockman

Unknown said...

Thanks, ladies! It was fun to watch the kids get excited about it.

Unknown said...

I know I live in McKinney, but I am willing to watching the kiddos anytime you need me, Jenny. Love the chain links!