So, it's college week at Dobbs Elementary. They are doing a focus on college to educate kids on the importance of getting good grades, going to college and making one's career dreams come true. Somehow, Madeline has it all figured out. Here was the conversation in the car yesterday:
Mommy: How was school today?
Madeline: Good. Mrs. Pettit said we could go to any college we wanted to. I asked her if we had to go to the one our parents wanted us to go to and she said "No". So, I am going to go to Texas State.
Mommy: Texas State? What about Texas Tech or ACU? I thought you wanted to go to one of those?
Madeline: No, I am going to Texas State because that's where Madison is going. She asked me if I would go there so we could be roommates.
Mommy: Oh, ok.
Later that day on my voicemail:
Hi, this is Madison, Madeline's best friend and college roommate. If this her mom, will you have Madeline call me? Thanks. Bye.
So, Madeline is in second grade and soon to be off to Texas State, apparently. At least she has plans to go to college because I wasn't really going to give her a choice of not going.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love it!! I have tears of laughter/joy at how precious little ones are, yet how grown up they are, all at the same time!! Ben will have to talk to them about Aggieland!
So cute! Go Texas State!
Oh dear!!! I don't even want to THINK about Madeline going to college yet!!!
Post a Comment