I am going to spend some much-needed quality time with my 2 other precious angels and will not go back up to the hospital tonight. I have to spend my time equally between Caroline, Landon and Madeline. It's hard, but they need my attention as well. They haven't seen me much since Sunday and Landon is very clingy when he does get to see me. It's been a hard week for him- I am sure he is quite confused. He knows Caroline is not in my tummy anymore, but has only seen her once in person. I show him pictures of her but I think he wonders why she's not home. He asks me when "Tarawine" is going to sleep in her bed. It's heart-breaking but I tell him very soon.
So, why "Sojourn"? By definition a sojourn is a temporary stay and we know that this time in Caroline's life is temporary in the grand scheme of things. This is her present sojourn and we know it's temporary. It doesn't make it easier to bear, but it makes it seem as if the end is right around the corner. I have to look at that way...
"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4



1 comment:
Hey! It's Sarah, Bret's cousin.
I just got an email about Caroline and your blog. You all are in my prayers, especially Caroline!
She is beautiful...Congrats!
"Rejoice, in the Lord always! Again, I say rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, with prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus."-Philippians 4:4-7
Post a Comment