
As I opened up my Yahoo homepage this morning, a slide show of pictures appeared from the earthquake in China on Tuesday. Here, the saddest picture I have seen, an arm of a child victim is seen amidst the debris of a collapsed building after the earthquake in Dujiangyan, Sichuan province May 13, 2008. I cried as I watched this slide show and my heart aches for these nearly 40,000 victims and their families. Lord, here our prayer for these people and heal them in their grief and mourning. Yet, we can be rest assured that according to Lamentations 3:32-34, "Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men." Out of this, as with all worldly affliction and grief, WILL come redemption and joy. For our God is Jehovah-Ropheka, our Lord our Healer. Oh, God, heal this world and bring healing to those in China. Amen.



No comments:
Post a Comment