
Just wanted to give everyone an update since so many of you have asked. I had another doctors appointment yesterday. I am still swollen and having lots of contractions, even on 1/2 day bed rest (is there really such thing as bed rest with 2 kids anyway?). My doctor is out on vacation for 2 weeks beginning this Thursday which has me a bit nervous, but he has recommended that should I still be experiencing complications, that I go in to Baylor Garland on Tuesday of next week for another fetal fibronectin test. They will have the results in an hour so I will wait there. If negative, I will go home and that should get me at least to 35 weeks. If positive, he has requested they admit me. I will probably be given steroid shots for Caroline to mature her lungs and heart. Don't know how long I would stay, but I am praying it doesn't come to that. I am praying it is still negative and then I will see my doctor again on July 30. I will then be in my 34th week.
If born today, Caroline would weigh as much as a large jicama -- about 3 3/4 pounds and be about 16 3/4 inches, head to heel. Another reason to pray for her to stay "cookin" for several more weeks. I already have plenty of preemie clothes since we are pretty sure she is going to be a preemie. So- here's to more time!
Words heard at our house today:
Madeline- Why are you cringing mommy? Is Caroline kicking you?
Mommy- Yes, it hurts sometimes.
Madeline- Well, then maybe we should change her name to "Kicky"
Mommy- laughing out loud :)



2 comments:
Kids really do say the darndest things! That comment by Madeline was hilarious!
I will continue to pray for you and little Caroline. Time is such a blessing.
I enjoyed the commentary from Madeline. Aiden is already making plans for Lucas. Sweet.
Post a Comment