Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekly Update #4


Well, we had a fun-filled (sarcasm intended) evening at the hospital on Saturday. I was experiencing very strong contractions that started every 30 minutes but began coming every 15 minutes. So....we made it to the hospital to be monitored. They did another fFn test and luckily, it was negative. I went home after 3 hours. However, I have to admit, I am very frustrated and confused about all this. My doctor has indicated I am at high-risk, which I know isn't a guarantee, for pre-term delivery. But, all these symptoms I am having seem to just be false alarms. Why am I complaining? I certainly do NOT want a pre-term baby, don't get me wrong. But I guess I am wondering if my contractions are this strong, I'm dilated and effaced, been put on bed-rest, moderately high blood pressure and swelling up, and all of this is just "false" labor, then how am I supposed to know when it's the real thing. Am I having this baby early or am I making it to term? This organized, planner needs to know! Ugh!

Well, on a less frustrating note, little Caroline is measuring right on target. I am 33 weeks, have only gained 22 pounds (all belly) and her heart beat is very strong. I am so blessed to be having another little one! According to babycenter.com, she is slightly over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and 17 inches long. It says I should start waddling now. Start? I think I've been waddling for about a month now- get a clue babycenter.com!

Madeline has been with Adam since Thursday for a trip to Sea World San Antonio. I am so excited she is coming home today. I miss her!

Yes, I know....I am going to be uploading some pics today. I promise. Stay tuned.

Interesting (and jaw-dropping) Baby Fact:
A Russian woman holds the record for having the most children. Between 1725 and 1765, she was pregnant 27 times and had 69 children.

No comments: